difference between DKW and MAPTECH Charts?

Questions about DKW, BSB and other well known digital charts.

difference between DKW and MAPTECH Charts?

Postby xoura » Tue 24 Oct 2006 - 12:08

Hy,

My name is Laurent, I'm a new user of WinGPS4 (last version), with somes DKW Charts (Belgium/Netherlands Coast + WesterSchelde). I'm trully happy with this software and I have already made a lot a Nautical Milles using this software(first with the mobile version, then now with a laptop)!

So, my question is quiet simple actually...

What's the difference (visually) between a DKW chart and a Maptech chart? I love the DKW chart, but I wonder if it would be much more interesting using Maptech?

Many thanks for your answer, and if somenone could post a "printscreen" of WinGPS4 using Maptech Charts...

my website is (sorry,it's in French) :

http://www.epicurien.info

and here is a "print screen" of my laptop using DKW:

by day:

by night:

xoura

Postby Stefan » Tue 24 Oct 2006 - 14:58

The DKW charts are almost always the best charts, but they are only available for the Belgium/Netherlands coast. Maptech charts are available for almost all the world. Some Maptech charts are poorly scanned, while the DKW charts come from a digital source. Below is a screenshot of the Dover Strait from a somewhat older version of the BACD2 Maptech charts.

Stefan
Stentec Software Developer

Postby xoura » Tue 24 Oct 2006 - 15:06

Thanks Stefan for the answer... There is (no doubt) a big difference between DKW and MapTech :shock: ... I'm gonna keep the DKW :wink:
xoura

Return to Digital Charts