Problem loading BSB charts in WinGPS4 Mobile.

Share information and suggestions on Stentec's WinGPS 4 Series programs.

Problem loading BSB charts in WinGPS4 Mobile.

Postby lnorlin » Wed 01 Jun 2005 - 10:21

Hi,
I cant load my BSB charts in WinGPS4 Mobile. (v4.0.0.5)
The charts load correctly in WinGPS 4L and the charts are transferd to my PDA using DKW Manager (1.2.1.6). But when I select "Chart manager" on the PDA no BSB charts are avaliable. The Stentc demo charts are there and I can use them but not the BSB charts. (I can't select any other charts than the demo charts.)

Can anyone help me and try to load a BSB chart in v4.0.0.5 and let me know if it works. I tried to do the same thing in WinGPS4 Mobile light and that worked OK, the charts loads and displays. My BSB charts also loads and display correctly in WinGPS4 Lite.

Any ideas on how to get this to work are appriciated.

/Lars
Dell Axim x50v & Windows Mobile 2003 SE
1G SD memory
Haicom CF GPS
lnorlin

Just got this from stentec support.

Postby lnorlin » Thu 02 Jun 2005 - 11:33

Just got this from stentec support.

Unfortunately, WinGPS 4 Mobile does not support BSB charts correctly. We are working on it and are expecting to release an update at the end of next week. I appology for the inconveiniance.
lnorlin

Postby rkalasek » Wed 06 Jul 2005 - 11:43

does anyone know ???

is this feature part of the announced "great new update" (see http://www.stentec.com/software/wingps4pda_i.html) ?

and how do i get the complete update ?
rk
rkalasek

BSB charts are now working !

Postby lnorlin » Fri 19 Aug 2005 - 09:24

Hi, This problem has now been resolved.
You can now use BSB charts without problems. I have however found that one of my BSB charts is not displaying correctly. I get a calibration error of .4 Nautical miles. With the same file in Fugawi or SeaClear II there is no calibration error.
/Lars
lnorlin

Return to WinGPS 4 Series