Sail Simulator and VSK

Sail Simulator and VSK

Postby Salander » Sun 17 Jan 2010 - 15:05

Hi all

I use VSK 32and i've not Sail Simulator (but i want to take it)
Can you tell me if it's very diferent or not.

Tanks of your help
Salander

Re: Sail Simulator and VSK

Postby Andy(NZ) » Sun 17 Jan 2010 - 21:48

Yes they are very different. Many see VSK/AC32 as a match-racing simulator where as SailSimulator is a sailing simulator.

VSK does not have the ability to adjust the boat setup so all racing is essentially "one-design". VSK has a rules engine, umpire and in-game penalties. VSK is almost dedicated to online play - the novelty quickly wears off if you want to play offline as the simulation boats are pretty dumb and are predictable.

It really depends on what your looking for - if your looking to simulate sailing a yacht then SailSim wins hands down... if you looking for online multiplayer tactics and race simulation then VSK is currently the better. Having said that if you were to compare the future potential then your best investment is Sail Simulator because there is active product development and a potential to add good racing and regatta simulation features (such as in-game rules). On the VSK side there is no active development and the future is unclear since VSK developer Nadeo was acquired by Ubisoft - and they did not buy Nadeo for VSK I can tell you that :)

But on the flip side if your looking for online competition today you will find VSK has a large online community and many fansites with organised worldwide regattas and events. I look forward to see how SailSim evolves in the area.

Cheers
Andy(NZ)

Re: Sail Simulator and VSK

Postby Salander » Mon 18 Jan 2010 - 08:51

Thanks Andy for this information. It's very inetresting. I think your are right when you said that we can't esperate development for VSK now.

SS5 looks like somthing very difficult to play. right?
Specialy for French people who don't speak very well english :cry:
Salander

Return to Sail Simulator 5 - General