May make variable Dock Sizes in 3D models?

General questions and suggestions about Motorboat Simulator

May make variable Dock Sizes in 3D models?

Postby Barry » Mon 09 Feb 2004 - 01:46

Just been thinking about how to make some docks.
Made the Ellesmere Port Docks (see site) using the seperate quays and curved inner and outer piecces plus dock gates.

Liverpool has about 7 miles of docks. So although I may not make these, bearing in mind its for the motorboat sim and smaller boats, probably up to small cargo boat size, perhaps would be better is I find an easier and quicker method to make them.

So perhaps as modules in 2 sizes. A middle section of the dock, these can then be joined to make any length and an end section with the end quay and 2 curved inner walls. That would make a closed quay, in perhaps 2 different sizes, but you can resize objects easily yourself with the Object Editor.

Then all it would need is another matching end piece with an opening in the centre with curved quay edges at the entrance to it.

Finally perhaps a matching narrow channel piece with a quay on either.
side.

These can then be joined to make any size of docks you want in length, and can be joined by channels joined to any length, to any number and length docks as required.

Will have to try and find the size to make them if I start on them. Will just use the same textures as on the quays so you can mix and match to any combination. Just need to add some collision spheres and that should solve my docks problems.

You can always experiment and replace the texture with perhaps a different one such as concrete texture on the bitmap, if you use a paint program.

Barry
Barry

Postby Barry » Tue 10 Feb 2004 - 03:55

I have completed the dock pack and will make it available when I add collision spheres. Barry
Barry

Postby Barry » Tue 10 Feb 2004 - 20:39

Re dock pack, this is completed except needs retesting the collision spheres. Varied docks of many miles can be made easily from 4 parts.

See my web site if you require further details, of how to use the pack with screenshot.

Barry
Barry

Postby Remco Moedt » Wed 11 Feb 2004 - 02:48

As always, it looks good, man!

Cheers!

Remco
Remco Moedt

Dock

Postby mike » Wed 11 Feb 2004 - 19:30

Good work Barry!

Mike Foster
mike

name

Postby texino » Wed 11 Feb 2004 - 19:49

Barry, I put the name for this file as board pak. I will change it to dock pak to avoid confusion

Bozo Texino

I have noted that Stentec has left you twisting in regard to your well posed and logical posts. Could be they are at the boat show (24/7)

Anyway, after I get this Bike week number done I may do a piece on simulation games-they are made for motorcycles as well-and I must certainly address how customer support is handled throughout the industry.

Texino
texino

Postby Barry » Wed 11 Feb 2004 - 20:35

Thanks Remco and Mike.

Thanks Texino, and got your email.
Thanks also for making the files available through your site.

Barry

------

Also may as well mention while writing this regarding the steamship few faults inside the cabins as a few bits seem to be there that shouldn't be. They are not visible when I made the model, at least I didn't see them, and you only find them when its imported into the sim. Also originally made 2 propellors and a rudder on it, but they seem to have "fallen off". I probably deleted them accidentaly while making the ship.

Anyway only completely static now and they can't be seen, but should it float one day, could add back on rudder and propellors. May even get them moving one day boat and propellors.

:)
Barry

Postby Jeroen » Tue 17 Feb 2004 - 13:02

Sorry about the non-responsiveness from my side Barry....

I'm answering your e-mail today and will be checking in on the forum more often.
Jeroen
Stentec Software Developer

Postby Barry » Tue 17 Feb 2004 - 20:54

Thanks Jeroen for the email and appreciated.

Barry

:)
Barry

Return to Motorboat Simulator - General