How to mooring in MBS v1.2.0.6 ?

General questions and suggestions about Motorboat Simulator

How to mooring in MBS v1.2.0.6 ?

Postby f5nyx21 » Tue 15 Aug 2006 - 13:07

Hello everyone :wink: !

I'm newcomer on this forum...
I'm french so excuse me for my poor english... :(

I just have downloaded the complete version V1.2.0.6 of MBS with the designer tool kit v1 too... :) !

I find this simulator very complete and nice but after reading the whole guideline in the documentation in the help file, I don't know how mooring the boats... :roll:

It is explained in the doc that the speed must under 0.5 ktn in approach of a quai and to press the key "B" to validate the mooring system and click the left mouse bouton on a bollard of the boat then pull the red vector to the quai... 8) Then the red vector also the green led on right side of the mooring icone in the tool bar should go thought amber when one moore is fixed and become red when 2 moore are fixed... :roll:

All of this things are meeting but I never see the vector become amber no more the green light on right side of the mooring icone in the tool bar... :( !

Has somebody a tip and tricks to help me ? :wink:

Thank you for your answer

Best regards

gérard
f5nyx21

Postby Barry » Tue 15 Aug 2006 - 17:37

Hello Gerard,

Didn't know that myself and have owned the motorboat simulator for a year or 2.

I just pull the boat into the quay, pull the bow then pull the the stern in, if need be.

Maybe someone else will post.

Barry

:)
Barry

Postby f5nyx21 » Tue 15 Aug 2006 - 18:49

Thank you Barry :wink: !

I see that I'm not alone with this bug... :lol: !

It would be an additional feature in MBS, but doesn't work properly as the documentation describe... :cry: !

Perhaps the conceptors of this soft should to look at this problem and would make a Patch... 8) !

Barry your sceneries are very nice... :D !!!

Best regards

gérard
f5nyx21

Postby Barry » Tue 15 Aug 2006 - 19:02

f5nyx21 wrote:Thank you Barry :wink: !

I see that I'm not alone with this bug... :lol: !

It would be an additional feature in MBS, but doesn't work properly as the documentation describe... :cry: !

Perhaps the conceptors of this soft should to look at this problem and would make a Patch... 8) !

Barry your sceneries are very nice... :D !!!

Best regards

gérard

-----------------------

Thanks gérard

Barry
Barry

Postby f5nyx21 » Tue 15 Aug 2006 - 21:00

Hello Barry :wink: !

...Finaly I have understood how it work... :) !

When you will to moore a boat, press the key "B" to enter in mooring mode, and when you maintain click left mouse bouton on a bollard of the boat, you can push pull the boat with the red vector and then release the mouse button when the boat is in the approximate correct position you will, and then click again on one or more bollards on the boat and these become yellow...That simulate these bollards are attached on a ficticious anchor or quay bollards...Thats all...!!!

When you will go on, press again the "B" key to enter in mooring mode and click on the bollards of the boat...These become without color and when all the bollards are free, you can drive the boat freely...

To look more easy the colors change of the bollard's boat, you can moving the camera with the numpad 8, and so you have a better look verticaly on the boat and his bollards... :wink: !

Good shiping

Best regards

Gérard
f5nyx21

Postby Barry » Wed 16 Aug 2006 - 11:43

Hello Gérard

Pleased you got the mooring function working OK.

Barry
Barry

Return to Motorboat Simulator - General