Another try to get people interested in Blender. Play Games!

General questions and suggestions about Motorboat Simulator

Another try to get people interested in Blender. Play Games!

Postby Barry » Tue 23 Mar 2004 - 03:05

Not only can you make any type of 3D model including boats to whatever level of detail you wish but you can also use it to play games on. The earlier version had it's own game engine but the function to create games has not yet been re-enabled in the later versions.

However there are several games made. Just downloaded one and it opens in Blender.

I was curious to see how the games ae made. Don't know if there is anything related to sailing but there seems to be plenty of games made that you can download.

And what has this got to do with the motorboat sim. Everything! If I can tempt other people to get started with "Blender" and they make models and boats and make them available, I can then try them out myself, as well as making them

It is free, and just over 2 meg download, and I don't know of any other 3D inexexpensive modelling program, that will make the vrml2 files needed for the sail and motorboat sims.

Barry
:)
Barry

Postby Aal » Tue 23 Mar 2004 - 13:50

Yeah! Go Barry! Blender rules.......
/Alex
Aal

Postby Barry » Wed 24 Mar 2004 - 01:22

Alex

Yep. Blender sure rules.
Just downloaded 5 games to start with made with it.
Appear to be 100s?

Maybe there is a sailing one hiding somwhere?

Perhaps it will tempt someone yet to make some 3D models for the sail m/b sims.

Proably 1000s of people who never post and the people who do post is just a tiny, amount of the total.

Barry
Barry

Return to Motorboat Simulator - General