Motor boat similator, am I being totally stupid?

General questions and suggestions about Motorboat Simulator

Motor boat similator, am I being totally stupid?

Postby sousadolphin » Sat 27 Jan 2007 - 00:15

Hi

I have just purchased motoboat similator and although I can see from the manual how to drive each vessel, I am not sure what I am meant to do next. Are there pre-set projects / missions or is it up to me to create a journey that I weant to do with the software. Thanks for your help
sousadolphin

Re: Motor boat similator, am I being totally stupid?

Postby Barry » Sat 27 Jan 2007 - 02:03

sousadolphin wrote:Hi

I have just purchased motoboat similator and although I can see from the manual how to drive each vessel, I am not sure what I am meant to do next. Are there pre-set projects / missions or is it up to me to create a journey that I weant to do with the software. Thanks for your help

Hi

I have posted for you in the scenery designer forum regarding your query about making sceneries and content etc.
If continuing further just post again on scenery forum for more details/help etc.
It is really only a simulator for practicing navigation and maybe racing etc but by using the FULL scenery designer and dem. editor and Blender (free) for content making you may be able to use it to make whatever you want. Only the default boats that come with the simulator move at present but you may be able to make some static ones or perhaps get some to float.

As regards missions these could easily be made for any scenery on a pretend basis. Sail to a certain quay. Stop to pretend to pick up passengers, make a wreck blocking a channel and sail around it etc. or set the simulator for night time sailing.

You can get any item to light up but it is a very much do it yourself simulator to get them to light yourself for buoys and lighthouses etc.
But it all can be done by oneself, etc, or use your own or my content or perhaps the content of others in your own scenery.
Alternatively download the sceneries on the Stentec site and tehre are a few sceneries on Alex's site etc.
Anyway see my detailed post on scenery designer forum, and if going further with it post on that forum and I will then look in again.

Barry
Barry

Postby Barry » Sat 27 Jan 2007 - 02:44

4 tutorials back on my site with images.

Barry
Barry

Return to Motorboat Simulator - General