I have a dream

General questions and suggestions about Motorboat Simulator

I have a dream

Postby Jan » Sun 11 Jul 2004 - 19:28

Because i probably will never have my own boat i dream about a simulator where it is possible to sail the whole ( topographically correct ) world.
With oceans, seas, lakes, rivers and so on.
Where it is possible to meet people ( virtual ), for example Texino in the caribic, Aal in the norwegion fjords or Barry somewhere between england and france.
So where real navigation is necessary.

I heard sometimes dreams come true.

Jan
Jan

Postby Barry » Sun 11 Jul 2004 - 19:56

Jan just read your post and getting the virtual boat ready just in case.
Stocking up with barrels of rum.
I am becalmed at present, somwehere up the river Mersey, Nr Liverpool. UK.
If we get the virtual lighthouse beams working, as I know little about navigation, will follow those and keep fairly close to the coast, for now.

The boat is bobbing gently up and down on a light swell.
Been looking out for any other boats that may be on a virtual world trip.
But not a mast or funnel in sight, at present.

I thought I saw a paddle steamer go past earlier but may have been the effects of the rum.

Barry

:) :)
Barry

Postby Aal » Tue 20 Jul 2004 - 07:56

Hi jan
Lofoten is quite correct. Inner Oslo fjord is even more correct. I have used them both with the GPS on and OziEploxer, a bitmap chart program, and tsunami, vector chart program. With multi-player you can meet anyone.
For example in the lofoten there is already a 'straight-line' with two light beacons possible. But OK animated lighthoused would added a lot to night navigation.
/Alex
Aal

Postby texino » Thu 29 Jul 2004 - 19:45

All this sounds very nice. If I were to have certain source code I could put the young Texino Rangers on punishment rations until they pounded out some realism. Neptune only knows what stentec is about these days; whatever pays the bills I would reckon.

Let's ask. HEY STENTEC. WHAT ARE YOU DOING? WE HAVE PRODUCED SOME LOVELY SCENERY, HOW ABOUT YOU GIVE US A NICE SHIP BUILDER? Ok we will see what they have to say about that.

Texino
texino

Postby Barry » Thu 29 Jul 2004 - 20:07

texino wrote:All this sounds very nice. If I were to have certain source code I could put the young Texino Rangers on punishment rations until they pounded out some realism. Neptune only knows what stentec is about these days; whatever pays the bills I would reckon.

Let's ask. HEY STENTEC. WHAT ARE YOU DOING? WE HAVE PRODUCED SOME LOVELY SCENERY, HOW ABOUT YOU GIVE US A NICE SHIP BUILDER? Ok we will see what they have to say about that.

Texino

Hi Texino :wink: Just caught your post.
1.2 version is mentioned for end of August.

But..in reply to my posts the ADDITIONAL functions discussed previous are NOT mentioned so perhaps just the basics? sheesh

Routes and models are on hold waiting for "developments" if any.

Take Care

Barry

:)
Barry

Return to Motorboat Simulator - General