Any news of new functions for 1.2 m/b due end August?

General questions and suggestions about Motorboat Simulator

Any news of new functions for 1.2 m/b due end August?

Postby Barry » Sun 25 Jul 2004 - 01:34

Is there any feedback from Stentec regarding this?

Thanks

Barry
Barry

Postby Hilbert » Wed 28 Jul 2004 - 10:43

Planning is a complete CD with all available sceneries, the KNRM boat, and French, German and Italian language added.

Hilbert
Stentec Software
Hilbert
Stentec Software Marketing

Postby Guest » Wed 28 Jul 2004 - 22:47

Thanks Hilbert.

My main interest however, is in extra functions as has been mentioned, lighthouse beams, some animation, ease of making any obect float. a fix for the colllision spheres which you have to alter with a text editor at present to make them function. Alpha texture to allow the creation of trees, backdrops, rigging, etc.
And most important of all more than one moving boat in a scene, other than on-line.

If just the basic sim as before think I will give it a miss.

Barry

MBS 1.2

Postby BIP » Thu 29 Jul 2004 - 19:15

Now draw the brakes! What is new about that?
BIP

Postby Jeroen » Fri 30 Jul 2004 - 16:07

Anonymous wrote:A fix for the colllision spheres which you have to alter with a text editor at present to make them function. Alpha texture to allow the creation of trees, backdrops, rigging, etc.
Barry

Basically the CD version will be the same version as the current Motorboat Simulator.

Alpha texturing will be supported in the simulator (by use of 32bit TGA files) but not in the Scenery Designer Toolkit, so they will look a bit on in the scenery designer.

As for the collision spheres. This will need an update for the 3D Object Editor and I'll see what I can do about that....

Jeroen
Jeroen
Stentec Software Developer

Postby Barry » Fri 30 Jul 2004 - 20:11

Jeroen wrote:
Anonymous wrote:A fix for the colllision spheres which you have to alter with a text editor at present to make them function. Alpha texture to allow the creation of trees, backdrops, rigging, etc.
Barry

Basically the CD version will be the same version as the current Motorboat Simulator.

Alpha texturing will be supported in the simulator (by use of 32bit TGA files) but not in the Scenery Designer Toolkit, so they will look a bit on in the scenery designer.

As for the collision spheres. This will need an update for the 3D Object Editor and I'll see what I can do about that....

Jeroen

Thanks Jeroen... however without any support or testing by Stentec using Blender the few who create items for the sail and motorboat sim are left to sort things out for ourselves. Same applies to trying to make boats float with data that only partly works in the Object Editor, etc.

Apparently the Stentec sail and m/b sims seem orientated for on-line and learning to navigate with little else for creating realism as in a true sail or m/b simulator (in my opinion).

But that's what we have and I just have to decide whether to continue to use it or not.

Without other boats moving in the same scene off-line it only now holds limited interest for me.

Barry

P.S. Blender now saves directly to vrml2 and a script file is not needed to convert as previous, as you mentioned about a plug-in a long time ago.
Last edited by Barry on Sat 06 Aug 2005 - 01:00, edited 1 time in total.
Barry

Postby Jeroen » Mon 02 Aug 2004 - 11:51

I can tell you that motorboat simulator works with 32bit TGA alpha texture as i've tested it :).

And about the moving boats story... this probably won't be included until a next major release of either Sail Simulator or Motorboat Simulator.
Jeroen
Stentec Software Developer

Postby Barry » Mon 02 Aug 2004 - 21:17

Jeroen wrote:I can tell you that motorboat simulator works with 32bit TGA alpha texture as i've tested it :).

And about the moving boats story... this probably won't be included until a next major release of either Sail Simulator or Motorboat Simulator.

Will probably get 1.2 m/b when available.
So with one boat to sail, I will try out the alpha regarding trees, etc. If it works, still left with the Amazon river to create and the mangrove swamps, until moving ships and boats (off-line) appear. :wink:

Barry
Barry

Return to Motorboat Simulator - General