update

General questions and suggestions about Motorboat Simulator

update

Postby a guest » Wed 15 Oct 2003 - 00:47

Texino, now that is not a common name.
a guest

update

Postby A Guest » Wed 15 Oct 2003 - 00:50

I wonder if this is the same texino who writes for that Brit Motorcycle mag?
A Guest

Postby Guest » Wed 15 Oct 2003 - 01:34

Yes it is and no it isn't

Postby texino » Wed 15 Oct 2003 - 01:37

Last edited by texino on Tue 04 Nov 2003 - 18:24, edited 1 time in total.
texino

Postby Jan » Wed 15 Oct 2003 - 10:58

Is this a discussion about Motorboat Simulator or about names?
Jan

Postby texino » Wed 15 Oct 2003 - 15:28

Well Jan, since no one will reply to the original post in regard to the release of the "Update*," I guess it is about whatever anyone wants to say.

*BTW the update is now posted to be released in 11/03 (if you look hard enough)
texino

Postby Jan » Wed 15 Oct 2003 - 15:41

Hello Texino

Then I will reply.
I'm also waiting for the update.
I will hope that Stentec will not make the same mistake as other
software developers ( like MS), like giving a releasedate and nothing
happens.
Jan

Postby texino » Wed 15 Oct 2003 - 19:48

I know what you mean.

I have some idea about this software and the trouble with the update.

Still, I find it bothersome when any company blows it's own horn about important upgrades on such and such date and then becomes totally mute when they can't make the launch.

All it would take,IMO, would be a slight nod in the direction of the customer. You know; "Sorry we missed the expected release." "As you may know, software development and de-bugging can be a nightmare, so please stick with us because we really appreciate your custom." Or something like that...)

Do you think that my expectations are too strict?

Texino
texino

Postby Guest » Thu 16 Oct 2003 - 10:06

These guys are doing a great and not so easy job, so we shouldn't be too hard to them.

On the other side, waiting for an update can be very frustrating, so a sorry should be.

Postby Jan » Thu 16 Oct 2003 - 10:45

Jan wrote:These guys are doing a great and not so easy job, so we shouldn't be too hard to them.

On the other side, waiting for an update can be very frustrating, so a sorry should be.
Jan

Postby texino » Thu 16 Oct 2003 - 16:33

These guys are doing a great and not so easy job, so we shouldn't be too hard to them.

I agree.

Still, someone is in charge of marketing the product and it is his or her job to speak to the customer's concerns. Why else have a forum moderated by Stentec employees?

Regards, Texino
texino

Postby Jan » Fri 17 Oct 2003 - 13:03

Ok, maybe one of the moderators can tell us what is going on and why the Sim page is not been updated for over one month.

Jan
Jan

Postby texino » Fri 17 Oct 2003 - 21:19

Sounds good to me. Let's see what they can tell us.

Texino
texino

Postby Hilbert » Mon 20 Oct 2003 - 09:20

First of all sorry for the late reply to this topic. Our software developers are working hard to release the update. Some things (eg. adding level of detail) take a little more time than we had expected so caused a delay. Right now we are testing the update internally. We hope to release a beta as soon as possible. We'll try to inform you better in the future.
Hilbert
Stentec Software Marketing

Vaporware

Postby Torpedo » Thu 13 Nov 2003 - 18:56

It would be very interesting to see a Beta version. I believe that staff have been pulled to work on projects for ready money. This is fine, excepting that they already have my money and that of many others who bought MBS back in August on the strength of the impending upgrade . As a software engineer, I have seen this happen time after time. It is one thing to see a project held for the sake of improving the product. On the other hand when shuffling staff about in aid of ready cash becomes a necessity, it is time to be concerned. I don't want to jump ship here, like a rat, and I will continue to support Stentec out of loyalty to the sailing applications. I would like to see some movement on this project though. In fact, I would love to have to eat my words of doom.

The Evil Captain
Torpedo

Next

Return to Motorboat Simulator - General