Any easy to learn art/drawing programs about?

General questions and suggestions about Motorboat Simulator

Any easy to learn art/drawing programs about?

Postby Barry » Wed 18 May 2005 - 15:04

Latest route is set in about 1830 and as we can now make any variety of flat obects, wouldn't mind some people, building, etc of the period.
Difficult one, as most images are copyright, and as I make the objects available for others to use, can't really use photos and art from Internet etc.

Some/many buildings of 1830 are still about today, but much is guesswork.
So could do with trying to create some drawings I could use for flat people etc to populate the docks of c1830.
Probably could use my own photos for distant farms, coastal cliffs, wareouses, inns, cattle in fields, etc.
That is when I take some more photos with digital camera.

I don't think any of it would use up many frame rates based on alpha texturing. as just a photo or drawings on a flat sheet.

Also must mention again if anyone knows the cure in Blender to fix the transparent backround making near objects invisible using alpha function, please post as tried everything I know, including Ztransparency.

Barry
Barry

Postby bobhog » Wed 18 May 2005 - 17:30

Barry,
As I understand Copyright, OS maps over 50yrs old are in fact out of Copyright, so can be used. There was quite a debate on this on the UK TrainSim forum (MSTS) some time ago.
Bob Hoggarth.
bobhog

Postby bobhog » Thu 19 May 2005 - 00:06

Bob Hoggarth.
bobhog

Postby Barry » Thu 19 May 2005 - 01:28

Thanks Bob for the info.

Barry
Barry

Return to Motorboat Simulator - General