How good is the "drivability"?

General questions and suggestions about Motorboat Simulator

How good is the "drivability"?

Postby Rob » Mon 08 Dec 2003 - 06:22

I'm looking to purchase MBS for my father-in-law who can be picky about how he spends his time. He loves boating, and used to love the ol' Flight Simulator software.

For anyone who's purchased/used MBS -- tell me -- is the "playability" of this software satisfactory or does it seem slow/sluggish? You think a winter-bound boater would enjoy... or not quite yet?

Thanks for any info...

Cheers!
--Rob
Rob

No Replies -- does that mean no owners, or nada good to say?

Postby Rob » Thu 18 Dec 2003 - 00:56

Anyone?
Rob

Postby Barry » Sat 20 Dec 2003 - 13:53

Rob

Unfortunately can't help on this one as still using sailsim and waiting for the fuller retail version of motorboat sim.

Although curious myself on the motion of the boats. What are they like coming into tie up as the sail sim boats seem to pitch a lot at slow speeds.

Must be someone somewhere who knows the answers :)

Barry
Barry

Re: How good is the "drivability"?

Postby Hoppie » Wed 24 Dec 2003 - 12:50

I'm trying MBS for the first time now. As soon as i can tell you more about this i'll let you know. :lol:

Greets Hoppie
Hoppie

Re: How good is the "drivability"?

Postby Hoppie » Sat 10 Jan 2004 - 01:47

Rob wrote:I'm looking to purchase MBS for my father-in-law who can be picky about how he spends his time. He loves boating, and used to love the ol' Flight Simulator software.

For anyone who's purchased/used MBS -- tell me -- is the "playability" of this software satisfactory or does it seem slow/sluggish? You think a winter-bound boater would enjoy... or not quite yet?

Thanks for any info...

Cheers!
--Rob

If your father in law likes flight sim. He will like this too. I'm a flightsim fanatic too and love also boats. MBS is nice if you like to just cruise in a boat. Would be nice if there were more boats and sceneries though.
On a pentiumIII with a good AGP it do just nice.

Greets Hoppie
Hoppie

Return to Motorboat Simulator - General