Turning the Light off when Daylight comes?

General questions and suggestions about Motorboat Simulator

Turning the Light off when Daylight comes?

Postby Barry » Sun 19 Jun 2005 - 03:16

Today's problem is it possible to turn the light out in daytime.
Just wondering, as again, perhaps something could be "discovered", and although I appear to be the only one posting at present someone might see my various posts and perhaps "discover" a solution.

Been Using Virtual Sailor sailing simulator to see what happens.
In the Stentec simulators at night the sea is jet black with no reflection and in Virtual Sailor some the colours are still there in the dark, with stars in the sky, etc.

Regarding lights in VS and Lighthouse beam although I can easily make a lit beam and attach it to a lighthouse, and be visible in the dark, it would also be visible in the daytime.

In Virtual Sailor I moved the time slider and the beam and all lights go completely off at a certain time and all turn back on again at dusk, etc.
Again with no animation in Stentec simulators (There is but I don't know of any way to use the function), there is no way to revolve the light cone.

I suppose Stentec would have to program that and there is no solution?

Anyone out there ?

Barry

:)
Barry

Postby altug » Sun 19 Jun 2005 - 11:43

It is a good idea..automatic lights on/off depending on daytime....

I think this is another item to put in our wish list. I hope Stentec is keeping a record of what the users expecting to be developed in the simulations and hope they will work on them....

So refreshing my wish list:

- More practical scenery designer toolkit.
- To get other moving sailing or motor boats during gameplay, maybe their route and speeds can be pre-setable by user...(am I dreaming :roll: ?)
- Transparent sea surface....fading transparency gradually at few meters below surface..as in real life...
- Lights on/off automaticly depending on daytime as Barry mentioned lately

...and when I consider the speed at Stentec all sounds like a dream...
Do you know when these features can come true?...Hmm to mention a time expectation... I guess not shorter than the time Turkey joins EU... :D :wink:

lovely greetings :D
altug
altug

Postby Barry » Mon 20 Jun 2005 - 00:24

Hi Altug

May go back into hibernation now. :wink:

Can't really do more to my route and very bored driving one boat around in circles. There seems to be a limit, not with frame rates but the amount of content you can add.

The first save in Route Editor after adding one piece of content now takes several minutes but seems OK after the first save.

Very few seem interested in creating content or routes and hardly anyone posts about anything.

Your good self excepted and 1 or 2 others.

Maybe someone will make a discovery to get the boats moving.
Even being able to get them all to float would be a start.

Looks as if the forums will become complete deserts.
Maybe Stentec will post.

Barry

Barry

Postby bobhog » Mon 20 Jun 2005 - 17:42

Barry said "Maybe Stentec will post."

Try to be serious, Barry.
Bob Hoggarth.
bobhog

Postby Barry » Mon 20 Jun 2005 - 18:33

Hi Bob

Nice meeting a fellow traveller on these lonely seas.

:wink:

Very much a do it yourself sim at present and hoping someone will come up with some ideas. Run out of ideas myself at present.

If we could alter a configuration file to alter the settings etc, to make something happen, but opening the files in wordpad doesn't seem to tell us much except what we know already.

Barry

Barry

Postby bobhog » Mon 20 Jun 2005 - 20:21

Hi Barry,

Agreed!!

I am of the opinion again, that despite the nice features of MBS and SS, I am better of sticking to Virtual Sailor, there is the promise of a new version coming soon, (V7.0) with many improved features.
It would be nice if I could convert some of the boats from MBS to run in VS.
However, at the moment it is nice to have the choise of both, but even nicer to have the best of both worlds.
Bob Hoggarth.
bobhog

Postby bobhog » Mon 20 Jun 2005 - 20:26

Barry wrote:Nice meeting a fellow traveller on these lonely seas.

The reason you meet so few is that we can only sail one boat at a time!!!
Bob Hoggarth.
bobhog

Return to Motorboat Simulator - General