Buy it or not?

General questions and suggestions about Motorboat Simulator

Buy it or not?

Postby bfjlm » Tue 21 Jun 2005 - 20:49

What do you think as users of the motorboatsimulator? Should one buy it or not?
bfjlm

Postby Jan » Tue 21 Jun 2005 - 21:41

Hi bfjlm

Read the different topics and make your own opinion.

Jan
Jan

Postby Barry » Tue 21 Jun 2005 - 22:15

Hi bfjlm

As Jan said the best thing to do is just make up your own mind and read the various posts.

I have found that it runs better than sail sim
You can learn navigation and sailing techniques if this is your interest.
You can make your own routes if you have the Scenery Designer full version.
Also you can add content to the routes if you wish using programs like Blender.

If you refer to the various posts they will give more details of what can and can't be done with it.

Barry
Barry

Postby bfjlm » Wed 22 Jun 2005 - 17:53

Thank you for your reply.
bfjlm

Postby Barry » Wed 22 Jun 2005 - 18:52

bfjlm

Just to expand my reply a little more....

I suppose it just depends on what you want to use the simulator for - I am just using it to model my own area and setting the scene or trying to for 1830 - The only problem is off-line you can only use one of the default boats at a time - Both simlators are being updated gradually by Stentec so hopefully animation and ability to move own made boats may become available in the future "hopefully".

You can race or cruise online with other boats - see Altugs thread - Also depending on the route you can use the navigation software to link to it etc but I know little about this side.

If adding content see my site on how to use Blender and various routes etc. Some content and the latest large route can be downloaded from my site - There is a link to Texino's site and he his hosting my other routes and about 50 x 3D items are available for download.

If you have the full scenery designer you can install objects into it from the route folder using the object editor - These can be used then in you own routes if making any - You are free to use any of my items in your routes except for commercial use - using them for yourself or make them available for others to Download - Also see Alex(aal) site for dowloads of routes and Altugs for content and routes.

Colours are better (for me) in m/b frame rates are better - collision sphere problem seems to have been fixed in m/b 1.2 and trees and vegetation now work in it using the alpha texture.

Barry

:)
Barry

Return to Motorboat Simulator - General