Updated the lit lighthouse cone. Available for Download

General questions and suggestions about Motorboat Simulator

Updated the lit lighthouse cone. Available for Download

Postby Barry » Wed 06 Jul 2005 - 00:47

Updated - 5 July 05 - I have made the beam a lot longer and a little brighter with a bluish tinge - A little visible during the day as set the transparency slider about half way. Can be placed fairly easily. I found the best method was tp place on ground first with narrow end lined up with lighthouse top where the beam starts. Raise into position. Also I have set it so you can easily angle the beam to the require position as pivot is at the very end. Don't know how long it is maybe a mile?

-----------------------

The simulation in too dark at night - also the timing seems to be about 4 hours out going dark at 6pm in the summer and should be about 10pm, set to computer time.

As mentioned Blender seems unable to export animation in vrml2 files which are needed to convert to the S3D and buoy files, so seems unlikely I will be able to create animation for objects even if enabled in sim unless this function becomes available.

Anyone any other ideas. the 3ds max (not sure of name and costs over £1000? I think) and Blender is free - gmax can't be used unless Stentec makes the adapter - Animation works fine in Blender as had the seaplane I made (in some of my routes) coming in to land on base line and take off - but only in Blender window,

I wonder if we will ever get an active forum?

Barry
Last edited by Barry on Wed 06 Jul 2005 - 14:55, edited 2 times in total.
Barry

Re: Updated the lit lighthouse cone. Available for Download

Postby bobhog » Wed 06 Jul 2005 - 10:15

Barry wrote:I wonder if we will ever get an active forum?

This depends very much on Stentec.
The sims as they stand, and with the non existant level of support from Stentec, will never attract any significant number of users, without which there will never be an active forum. I would not recomend anyone to waste their mony on the sims as they stand, having wasted my own!!!
Bob Hoggarth.
bobhog

Return to Motorboat Simulator - General