Helmsman on Flying Upper Bridge of No Limit Twin Screw Boat?

General questions and suggestions about Motorboat Simulator

Helmsman on Flying Upper Bridge of No Limit Twin Screw Boat?

Postby Mike Hodge » Tue 13 Jan 2004 - 23:50

I'm able to position cameras where ever I need them on Motorboat Simulator and am comfortable with its ability to change between cameras on regular and the automatic mode. My question is, with the No Limit Twin Screw Boat, does the Motorboat Simulator have the abilty to put the Helmsman on the upper bridge and stay with the boat while panning around.

I believe this is important, since I also use the Motorboat Simulator for docking and maneuvering simulation. I'm trying to make it as realistic as possible while driving the boat from the upper bridge. It makes the docking easier if I can view from the upper helm as compared to the inside helm.

I'm using a joystick to drive the boat and I have all the boats controls programmed into individual buttons on this joystick. Therefore, I don't have to take my eyes off the action. The joystick also makes the simulation more like I'm actually driving the boat than the keyboard does.

Mike
Mike Hodge

Postby Stefan » Wed 14 Jan 2004 - 15:44

This is not possible, but it's a very good idea and I'll mention it to the guys programming motorboat simulator for inclusion in a next update.
Stefan
Stentec Software Developer

Postby Aad Huys » Sun 01 Feb 2004 - 13:36

Stefan wrote:This is not possible, but it's a very good idea and I'll mention it to the guys programming motorboat simulator for inclusion in a next update.

I couldn't agree more this would add value to make it more realistic and practice for the real world!
Aad Huys

Return to Motorboat Simulator - General