Motor Boat Sim extra scenery

General questions and suggestions about Motorboat Simulator

Motor Boat Sim extra scenery

Postby peterr » Fri 24 Feb 2006 - 18:27

Hi, I just purchased MBS via download this morning, and I downloaded the sceneries that are located on your site, but when I try to install them it says "you have a demo version installed" and does not allow me to load the sceneries, except for the training scenery which loaded ok, is there something I should be doing?
thanks Peter :(
boater
peterr

Re: Motor Boat Sim extra scenery

Postby Barry » Sat 25 Feb 2006 - 00:00

peterr wrote:Hi, I just purchased MBS via download this morning, and I downloaded the sceneries that are located on your site, but when I try to install them it says "you have a demo version installed" and does not allow me to load the sceneries, except for the training scenery which loaded ok, is there something I should be doing?
thanks Peter :(

Hello Peter

Stentec can probably answer this best but perhaps....

Back up your download to CD, also.
Uninstall the demo version from Windows add/remove programs perhaps.
Then reinstall the MB simulator.

Also I think you have to enter the registration number first which was on my CD case, but again no idea about downloads but perhaps in your email?

Perhaps also remove any remainder folders/directories before reinstalling.
Make sure you have a back up of your download.

Above is only a suggestion as bought mine on CD and have not bought by download. Other than that is more for Stentec to answer the query.

Barry
Barry

Postby peterr » Sat 25 Feb 2006 - 03:29

Thanks Barry, I already entered the reg code, and the startup screen shows it as registered to me, I just cannot load the scenery, it says I have a demo version installed, but I have never installed a demo version, I bought the download directly....oh well, maybe someone from Stentec can help.....I'll keep trying :D Thanks again for your suggestions, I'll try it
Regards
boater
peterr

Postby Stefan » Mon 27 Feb 2006 - 16:53

Hi Peterr,

Can you tell me what you do exactly ? There has never been a demo version of Motorboat Simulator, so I do not know where this message originates from...
Stefan
Stentec Software Developer

Postby peterr » Mon 27 Feb 2006 - 17:12

Hi, I downloaded all the sceneries that are on the Stentec download page to my computer (My Downloads/stentec/), and then tried to install them, the installer page comes up ok, then the MBS opening page shows, when I close it, behind is a message that says "you have installed a demo version of MBS1" and "Installation Aborted". Thats as far as I can go, I did install the training scenery ok, and the files that Barry made install ok, it's only the St Martin etc files that will not load. I have tried reloading the MBS completely, but makes no difference. The program runs fine, and I have a fairly high end comp. Dell XPS 600 with dual nVidia 6800 graphics cards, Sound Blaster Audigy sound card, etc etc. So, if you have any ideas, I would appreciate them.
It's a great program, and as I am surrounded by ice and snow here in Canada, and my boat is safely stored away until early May, it's nice to be able to Motor Boat Sim a bit....
boater
peterr

Postby Exocet25fr » Tue 28 Feb 2006 - 12:58

Hi !

But how did you install your sceneries ?, not directly in your Motorboat sim!. You must use the Manager Scenery SS4.2 downloadable in the downloads section of the sail simulator site.......! :D :wink:
Jean-Marc
Exocet25fr

Scenery

Postby peterr » Tue 28 Feb 2006 - 15:53

Hello, yes I used the scenery manager to install the sceneries that did work, but for the Stentec sceneries I cannot get past the opening installer page, it just stops and gives me the odd message.... :shock:
boater
peterr

Re: Scenery

Postby Barry » Tue 28 Feb 2006 - 18:35

peterr wrote:Hello, yes I used the scenery manager to install the sceneries that did work, but for the Stentec sceneries I cannot get past the opening installer page, it just stops and gives me the odd message.... :shock:

On the CD mb I bought I think St.Martin by Alex was already on the CD but not sure.
Have a look to see what's installed.
No idea about downloaded version.
Top line then sceneries.

I have the 100 mile route for download from my site and the other 2 on Stentecs.
Also 12 or more smaller routes or versions from Texino's site

http://www.bozotexino.com/barryboats/routes.htm

Altug has some on his site.
http://www.altugphoto.com/sailsim/

Alex had the Scandinavian routes on his.
These may also be on Stentec's site but not sure.
http://www.aletronix.com/

Also Ralf has Bight of Kiel
http://ed50.eqo.de/

There may be a few other routes about for download.

Barry

:)
Barry

Scenery

Postby peterr » Tue 28 Feb 2006 - 18:48

Thanks Barry, the download version only comes with a couple of sceneries, you have to download the extras, I have already downloaded and installed (succesfully) your tremendous sceneries, I enjoyed the Welsh coast, I am from Devon originally, I will have to try building some of the River Exe, my first sailing expeditions in a small sailboat right after the war.....boats were left behind by the US forces when D-Day started, so we youngsters (ahem) appropriated them!!!!\
Regards Peter :D
boater
peterr

Postby Barry » Tue 28 Feb 2006 - 19:29

Hello Peter

Would look farward to trying some of your routes of River Exe area. but
anywhere along the river sytems of Canada will do though.
:wink: :)

You would need full Scenery Designer and make Compatible to Windows 95 (See threads about it).

Might make sceneries around the coast of Britain but... 65 now and would be about 99 the time I finished. Maybe I could work a bit quicker. :wink:

Barry
Last edited by Barry on Wed 01 Mar 2006 - 16:45, edited 1 time in total.
Barry

scenery

Postby peterr » Tue 28 Feb 2006 - 20:47

Yes, I'm close to 70 myself, it's hard to stay on the comp. all day..... I boat here on the Rideau Canal which runs between Ottawa and Kingston on the St Lawrence River, it's really lovely, we have a 1965 Shepherd Express cruiser 35Ft, twin eng. runs like bat out of hexx, if you are interested, go to shepherdboats.com and look in the pics gallery, find Ramblin Rose, thats us.
Pete :)
boater
peterr

Postby Barry » Tue 28 Feb 2006 - 23:13

Pete

Thanks for link.
The only boat I ever had was about 40 years back and kept it for about a year.

21 feet sloop which I had in the river Douglas, after taking in down the Ribble from the Mersey (in my routes).

Never did get out of he river Ribble.

Will have a look. 35 feet sounds quite big.

Barry
Barry

Return to Motorboat Simulator - General