Motorboat training area.

General question for Sail Simulator (raising sails, pulling sheets, etc.)

Motorboat training area.

Postby KD2QK » Sat 31 Jan 2004 - 00:56

I downloaded the Motorboat training area and would like to add it to the sailing areas in Sail Simulator. I have tried (seached) finding the directory where the normal areas are stored. no luck. Installing the motorboat area? Who knows where that file goes when you execute the exe. program.
KD2QK

Adding sailing area

Postby kd2qk » Sat 31 Jan 2004 - 14:00

I may have come up with my own answer. When the first screen offers sailing areas, the motorboat training area is not offered. However after the program is running, under enviroment, sailing area, the motorboat training area is offered. I am new to armchair sailing having spent one hour solo on a Hobie. In the MB area, there's a small inlet (shaped like a hook) with a narrow opening. Tacking in and out has been fun.
kd2qk

Postby Remco Moedt » Mon 02 Feb 2004 - 17:17

The first screen aren't sailing area's, AFAIK. Those are previously saved scenario's.

Cheers!

Remco
Remco Moedt

Sailing areas

Postby KD2QK » Thu 05 Feb 2004 - 04:50

Thanks for the information. Still learning, both the program and armchair sailing. Marty
KD2QK

Postby yachtie2k4 » Wed 25 Feb 2004 - 11:42

Hi Marty,
Once the program is running go to enviroment, sailing area, select Motorboat Training Area, then select where you want to start then select Game, Save Situation, type the name that you want (eg Motorboat Training Area), then you can press ESC & select Sail & then you can choose the situation that you created (Motorboat Training Area).
Regards Bob
yachtie2k4

Return to Sail Simulator - General