Ten Mini Routes Available.

General question for Sail Simulator (raising sails, pulling sheets, etc.)

Ten Mini Routes Available.

Postby Barry » Sun 18 Apr 2004 - 19:22

See the Motorboat forum/or my site for more details.
Routes are easily installed with the Scenery Manager.
Around 2 to 3 megs each.
Latest route just over 1 meg, but just a few varieties of floating felucca egyptian style boats and the pyramids. This has been sent off and will be available shortly.

All contain a variety of 3D models of my own.

Routes can be used for the sail or motorboat simulator.

Barry
Barry

NICE JOB !

Postby Jean-Marc » Fri 23 Apr 2004 - 16:25

HEY BARRY!!! :D :D

GREAT JOB !, CONGRATULATIONS!, I knew your objects!, but I didn't see the 11 Routes you made.......! :shock:
FANTASTIC !!!!!!! :P

Thanks a lot for these routes!

Jean-Marc (Fr)
Jean-Marc

Re: NICE JOB !

Postby Barry » Fri 23 Apr 2004 - 19:14

Jean-Marc wrote:HEY BARRY!!! :D :D

GREAT JOB !, CONGRATULATIONS!, I knew your objects!, but I didn't see the 11 Routes you made.......! :shock:
FANTASTIC !!!!!!! :P

Thanks a lot for these routes!

Jean-Marc (Fr)

Thanks for posting Jean-Marc and much appreciated.
Glad you found the routes interesting.

Barry

:)
Barry

Postby Barry » Tue 04 May 2004 - 19:43

Copied from Motorboat Forum.

As there have been a few queries about this..
The items and mini routes are available from Texino's site and futher details are available from my site. Click the www link below.

To install the items to use in your own routes at present you will probabaly need the FULL edition of the Scenery Designer Toolkit, not the demo version. You will also need the Object Editor.

The items are in a zip files and each file contains either an s3d file (object file) or "buoy" file for boats and anything I have made floating such as the flotsam planks, seaplane, etc.

The items are installed into the Scenery Designer Toolkit, Objects or Buoys folder. Each item has an associated bitmap/s file/s with it in the zip file.

IMPORTANT...Make sure you drag the bitmap file out of the zip as well as the s3d or buoy file, as the bitmap won't install if installing the s3d or buoy file from within the zip file. You can also copy and paste or drag these into the Scenery Designer Objects or Buoys folders.

The routes are installed with the Scenery Manager. Just needs a couple of clicks of the mouse to install them. Install into the Default folder.(tick the box)
Program files/Common Files/Stentec Shared/Sceneries.
You can also use these files to use in your own routes. Open the Scenery folder required, then the objects and buoys folders. Just install in the same way with the Object Editor. You can also copy and paste.

Perhaps just copy and paste the whole contents of the Objects and Buoys folder into the Objects and Buoys folder in the Scenery Designer Toolkit.
If they overwrite files it means that these files are already there. or one of same name.
Sometimes I have use the same bitmap name for a few 3D models so only one bitmap may cover a few items.

You can always check what bitmaps an item uses by examining the properties of it in the Object Editor etc.

If an object or boat shows white it means it needs it bitmap so make sure that this is dragged out of the zip and is installed in the same folder as the s3D or buoy file. It MUST be in the same folder.

If any problems either post in m/b forum or email making email heading clear in case it gets filtered out with with junk mail.

Regarding the mini routes after installing with the Scenery Manager to get it to show in the simulators. Start any route. Then Alt on the computer to bring up the top buttons bar. Environment then Sailing Area. open the box and scroll to the route. Highlight then OK.
For the route to show in the opening screen it is Alt/Game/Save situation. Type a name the OK. You can set several starting places by this method for one route.

Barry

:)
Barry

Return to Sail Simulator - General