Some tutorials on my site now invalid. See thread.

General question for Sail Simulator (raising sails, pulling sheets, etc.)

Some tutorials on my site now invalid. See thread.

Postby Barry » Sat 06 Oct 2007 - 11:33

I think for the present I will remove my site off-line altogether with the tutorials and Stentec details.

When SS5 finally appears and if suitable for my interests, as I have detailed over the last few years I may consider remaking the site.

Most of the details that were on my site are no longer applicable for Vista.
Scenery Designer no longer works at all on my computer and sailsimulator 4.2 locks up on changing settings and runs slowly so no longer using it.

Also see previous posts as regards Blender and texture not carrying over when exporting to vrml2 on versions from 2.43. This applies to the script file and no problems with Blender itself.

Anyway "if" SS5 is relevant to my interests I may buy it, and after testing it out thoroughly, and if the functions work OK to my satisfaction and work OK for Vista, I may remake my site and put it back on line.

If I left my site on-line the details as they stand now could be misleading so my best plan is to remove it all for now....

Stentec and others who have links to my site please delete them for now, otherwise you will get a site not found error 404.

Barry
Last edited by Barry on Wed 10 Oct 2007 - 16:40, edited 1 time in total.
Barry

Postby Stefan » Mon 08 Oct 2007 - 09:53

Hi Barry,

We will make sure Sail Simulator 5 runs fine under Vista. Hope to see you when we are ready to release some more info about it.
Stefan
Stentec Software Developer

Postby Barry » Mon 08 Oct 2007 - 12:53

Thanks Stefan.
Look forward to more details in due course.

Barry
:)
Barry

Postby Barry » Tue 09 Oct 2007 - 15:14

Further to my web site I have put the Blender Tutorials back on line but removed the reference to Stentec due to vrml2 (vrml97) file problems as previously detailed.

Also removed the scenery creation tutorial as no longer valid if using Vista which is all I now have.

When new scenery designer and SS5 appears, if appropriate I will add the relevant details for obj. files and scenery design etc...or vrml2 is the script file eventually works with textures.

http://www.barrywright.clara.net/

Thanks

Barry
Barry

Return to Sail Simulator - General