Sail Simulator 5 pre release is *awesome*

General question for Sail Simulator (raising sails, pulling sheets, etc.)

Sail Simulator 5 pre release is *awesome*

Postby Casey Jones » Thu 25 Dec 2008 - 23:56

Well Stentec after a lot of waiting you have finally given us something.. It's rought, not all the features are in .. but I will say one thing about it: it is *beautiful* and *lots* of fun..

I have been messing around with the VOR 70 mostly, and am very, very impressed with controls, sail and wave dynamics and especially the graphics.. the water is the most realistic I have ever seen..

A couple questions, if someone from staff is able to answer (or perhaps someone other than myself pre-ordered and has figured this out)

1. Main/Jib Sheets.. The controls for halyards, outhaul, cunningham, traveller etc. all seem to work, but I cannot for the life of me get the the sheets to work .. So far the only way I have been able to set them it to set them to 'auto' with the little lock icons..

I've tried F1ing and up/down like in sailsim 4, no luck and I've tried the winch icons on the left none of them seem to actuate the sheets.. the help file doesn't seem to get into the finer points of controls.. so how DO I harden and letoff the main and jib sheets.. please help!

2. Engines.. No engines? Or am I just missing something? .. I am expecting that you just haven't put them into the pre-release version..

Again, very impressed.. yet another x-mas present for me I spent most of the day playing with after opening all of the real ones..

Happy holidays and thanks for the hard work on what will be a great sim..
Casey Jones

Re: Sail Simulator 5 pre release is *awesome*

Postby Casey Jones » Fri 26 Dec 2008 - 17:34

Oh .. Figured out how to actuate the sheets.. Combination of 1. the sensitivity was very low and i needed to scroll a lot more and 2. I didn't realize that the sheets could 'hang loose' and was scrolling them, but they were slack..

anyways,,.

awesome!!! :)
Casey Jones

Re: Sail Simulator 5 pre release is *awesome*

Postby Stefan » Mon 05 Jan 2009 - 14:57

Hi Casey,

Thanks for your post and nice words.

Engines are (as you already expected) not included in this version.
Stefan
Stentec Software Developer

Return to Sail Simulator - General