May I use 3D-Objects created by other users?

Help each other create new and amazing sailing areas.

May I use 3D-Objects created by other users?

Postby Jan » Thu 06 Nov 2003 - 14:06

I'd like to create my own areas, but 3D designing is not my thing.

1. May I use 3D-Objects created by other users and if yes were can I download them?

2. What about a pool for objects and areas? ( Maybe on Sailsimulator.com)

Jan
Jan

Postby Barry » Thu 06 Nov 2003 - 20:41

Jan Hi

At present to place objects you need scenery designer if you don't have it already. Just open a route with it and place the items. Needs a bit of practice to get used to it.

A central "store" for items would be good but could be costly (bandwith).
Have an experiment with Blender as as it's free and only 2 meg or so to download.

Regarding my own items only made a warehouse that the boats that the canal narrowboats used to load from and the sailing barges, but they could make the computer or game crash as just experimenting.

Can always email items but always strictly at your own risk regarding computer crashes or game crashing, etc.

May start building up a stock of items if I can sort the textures out with Blender better.

Barry
Barry

Postby Jan » Thu 13 Nov 2003 - 13:49

Hi Barry

Downloaded Blender and first will start with the tutorials to get a feeling for 3D.

I have read your other posts and must agree it is not so nice to sail through naked landscapes when youre not a racer.

Can you send me your items for trying by eMail?

Jan
Jan

Postby Barry » Thu 13 Nov 2003 - 20:57

Jan wrote:Hi Barry

Downloaded Blender and first will start with the tutorials to get a feeling for 3D.

I have read your other posts and must agree it is not so nice to sail through naked landscapes when youre not a racer.

Can you send me your items for trying by eMail?

Jan

--------------------------

Hello Jan

Have emailed the 2 files with the bitmaps.
Keep in touch how you get on with Blender and models etc.
I found it takes a bit of getting used at first but gradually
you get ino it.
You will also need the script file to convert models made in Blender to vrml2. Can email it if you don't have it.

Thanks

Barry
Barry

Return to Scenery Designer Toolkit