Screenshots, details of floating static boats and items.

Help each other create new and amazing sailing areas.

Screenshots, details of floating static boats and items.

Postby Barry » Sun 14 Dec 2003 - 14:07

Added a barge with open hold . Approx. 22, x 4.5, x 1.5 (draft), cabin at rear, rudder and tiller so perhaps were towed by tugs, or possibly would have had to make wheel, propellor and funnel and this was easier. :wink:

Screenshots, details, etc of various boats and items on site. No download facility, but can try emailing items if anyone interested. See web page for full details.

Interests are mainly pre-car age (but also modern) so boats and items reflect this interest. Using sailsim at present but will change to motorboat sim eventually. Boats float OK in sail sim but untested for motorboat-sim.

Barry
Barry

Postby Aad Huys » Sun 21 Dec 2003 - 15:38

Barry

I very much like your screenshots. Specifically the locker (dockgates) and the sailing barges I like. Could you try to e-mail me. Would be very gratefull

Thanks, Aad

my e-mail address: ahuys@yahoo.com
Aad Huys

Postby Barry » Sun 21 Dec 2003 - 15:58

Aad Huys wrote:Barry

I very much like your screenshots. Specifically the locker (dockgates) and the sailing barges I like. Could you try to e-mail me. Would be very gratefull

Thanks, Aad

my e-mail address: ahuys@yahoo.com

--------------------------

Aad

Dock gate zip emailed.

Barry
Barry

Postby Guest » Wed 24 Dec 2003 - 12:42

Barry

Thank you for sending the files. :D The dock works perfect and looks fantastic. It opens in form of a map, and then using 3D object editor I can transfer it to the motorboat simulator.

I had some problems with the sailbarges but they are fixed now. They work perfect as well now. I can transfer each of the files into the motorboat simulator so it means that it works the same as the sailsim.

Thanks a lot and a happy New Year!

PS Also thanks a lot for sending me your suggestions how you create your beautiful ships. Maybe for usage by others I copy/paste your suggestion:

I use "Blender" to make the models. This is a free download of about 2 megs and is open source and being continually updated. The file format is Virtual Reality Model Language 2. (vrml2) which you convert with the object editor to stentec file or to the buoy file for boats.
You will also need a script file which converts the Blender file to vrml2 but can email this should you require it at any time.
Also there are some tutorials.

It looks as if there is a later version for Blender and may download the newer version myself.
http://www.blender3d.org/Download/

Postby Jan » Thu 25 Dec 2003 - 14:07

Hi Barry

Tried your Sailbarge in MBS and it worked fine.
Could you please Email your other items?

I followed your advise and downloaded Blender, but i think it takes a long time before you can start creating your own items.
So isn't it possible for you to write a tutorial about creating boats (maybe with some screenshots)?

I wish you and all others a merry christmas and a verry happy new year.

Jan
Jan

Postby Barry » Fri 26 Dec 2003 - 01:55

Jan

Glad the boat works OK.

Regarding Blender not as difficult as it first looks.
Basically just adding cubes and cylinders together in different shapes.
All the quays and texture blocks are just made from one cube in different sizes.
The dock gate is just cubes stretched a bit plus a stretched cylinder or cube for the handrail, etc.

The boats are just "dots" joined together in plan view and then extruded down in side view a few times to form the hull, with various blocks and cylinder shapes on top, for the cabin, masts, etc.

The main thing is first just to get a simple cube, texture it, and import it into the game using the script file to convert it to vrlml2. With the script file you just load it, and press ALT plus P with the mouse pointer over it.
Convert it to a buoy file or object file and then export it into the sim, all with a few clicks of the mouse.

Once you can do this just group and alter the shapes a bit to make objects. You can download the script file from one of the Blender pages, or can email it. Still trying to learn Blender myself so just take it in stages.
My main problem is texturing items and still can't make see through window type panes, or unable to smooth textured shapes.

Will email you, and include a few more items with the email and further info.

The Seasons Greeting to yourself and all the forum members.

Thanks

Barry
Barry

Postby Barry » Fri 26 Dec 2003 - 21:50

Added a basic small general tutorial on the website for Blender. May be useful to enable forum members to make a start with the program.

Barry
Barry

Postby Barry » Sun 28 Dec 2003 - 03:08

Have extended the tutorial making a boat hull as I wrote it, with the problems as they come up, with illustrations and showing it installed in the sim. This is only a general tutorial just to show how things can be done, to make many types of items.

The boat part is not a boat tutorial in iteself but just a rough example. However may be useful and would be enough I imagine to enable members to make a start with Blender. Would welcome any positive feedback as have much to learn myself.

29 Dec......Further extended the tutorial and additional sccreenshots show another boat (coaster) in the making. I have detailed many of the different functions and how items can be fairly easily made. Not just boats, althoough I have used boats images just as an example, but every type of object I imagine can be created, all types of dockside, and coastal items.

Barry
Barry

Re: Screenshots, details of floating static boats and items.

Postby dieting » Fri 26 Dec 2014 - 14:56

Thank you for sending the files. :D The dock works perfect and looks fantastic. It opens in form of a map, and then using 3D object editor I can transfer it to the motorboat simulator. I had some problems with the sailbarges but they are fixed now. They work perfect as well now. I can transfer each of the files into the motorboat simulator so it means that it works the same as the sailsim. ???
You can easily check out our best quality ccna videos exam dumps prepare you well for the real ccie sp You can also get success in real exam of Certkiller 1Y0-A20 with the quality Pittsburg State University
dieting

Return to Scenery Designer Toolkit