Questions about BaZ-update

Solutions for common problems encountered in WinGPS Pro 3.

Questions about BaZ-update

Postby Hilbert » Fri 10 Oct 2003 - 14:28

Question: How can I get a BaZ update on board ?

Answer:
Use the program DKW230.exe of the DKW2002 edition to update your charts. This can be done directly on board with a GSM but takes a lot of time. With a fast internet connection at home you can also send the BaZ update to a floppy and install it on board with DKW230.exe.

More info:
To gain time, on board only update the chartset which you need.
Hilbert
Stentec Software Marketing

Postby Hilbert » Fri 10 Oct 2003 - 14:29

Question:
Downloading for the BaZ update breaks down all the time. How can I solve this?

Answer:
First check if you have chosen the right type of connection. Update per chartset to keep the chance of disruption of the data-transfer caused by interference small.

As an alternative you can download the BaZ-file from ftp://stentec.com/pub/baz/2002/Updates.BaZ. In the DKW-programme you can process the file via "Download and Update BaZ" -> "Apply BaZ".

More info: This can be caused by a combination of provider and connection. An update of DKW.exe is coming which is less sensitive for interference.
Hilbert

Postby Hilbert » Fri 10 Oct 2003 - 14:30

Question:
When I'm updating I always get the message that my charts are already updated. How can I solve this?

Answer:
This error occurs when you adjust your charts with the BaZ update Service and then remove them and install them again. This will be improved in the next version of DKW. Untill then, it is possible to solve the problem by following these steps:
  1. Start the registry editor by choosing the option "run" in the start menu.
  2. In the "run" screen, type "regedit" en click Ok.
  3. Now look up the following item in the tree in regedit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Stentec\DKW\2002\
  4. Remove the values "BAZ Index size 120" and BAZ Index size 240".

Close and start over updating again.
Hilbert

Return to WinGPS Pro 3