Feature list SS5

General question for Sail Simulator (raising sails, pulling sheets, etc.)

Re: Feature list SS5

Postby yachtie2k4 » Fri 24 Oct 2008 - 06:26

hey jeroen,
just wondering whether there are any new updates and video's? any chance of beta testing soon?
what boat is the vor boat based on?
cheers
rob
yachtie2k4

Postby Barry » Fri 24 Oct 2008 - 23:58

Version SS5 with working scenery designer?
Scenery Designer in all previous versions made unusable if using Vista as does not load.
Anymore progress?

This thread re SS5 started 5 years ago!!!

Barry
Barry

Postby Jeroen Schlaman » Wed 29 Oct 2008 - 14:53

Our VOR is based on the current Delta Lloyd VOR, which is racing around the world at this moment.
The first release won't include a scenery designer. This first release will be mainly focussed on multiplayer matchracing. We will launch our own public session-server, so users can easily create and join sessions without having to configure their router.
After the first release we will continue adding more features and visual effects so a full release can be done some months after that.
Greets,
Jeroen Schlaman
Stentec Developer
Jeroen Schlaman
Site Admin

Postby Barry » Wed 29 Oct 2008 - 16:15

Hi Jeroen

Not sure of the interpretation of some months, but if my interest hasn't completely evaporated by the time a full CD/DVD is available from my usual UK supplier as with previous versions, we will see.

Thanks

Barry
Barry

Postby ajnasreddin » Tue 04 Nov 2008 - 21:57

Barry, do you get the newsletter?

http://www.stentec.com/postoffice/archi ... 08_en.html

Says March - but is this the full version of the simulator, or just the multiplayer something or other? Not too clear in the newsletter. The development log hasn't been updated for a bit now too.

Windows 7 is due to be out in the first quarter of 2009 - so I've heard. Barry, this might solve your Vista problems as it's supposed to be a bit more compatible with the "old" XP. I still haven't got a new computer - I'm planning on seeing if Win 7 will be friendlier to my software - some of the stuff is well over $1,000! I can't afford to keep buying the latest versions because Microsoft can't make up their minds on how to organize their operating system. I'm thinking of switching to Apple.

Will SS5 come out for a Mac?
ajnasreddin

Postby Barry » Wed 05 Nov 2008 - 03:17

Hi AJ. I did get the newsletter.
Far as I can make out the racing version, download, before Christmas and updated to full race potential by March?

I have no idea if or when full version with scenery designer will be available on CD/DVD.

Barry
Barry

Postby yachtie2k4 » Wed 12 Nov 2008 - 03:13

Jeroen Schlaman wrote:Our VOR is based on the current Delta Lloyd VOR, which is racing around the world at this moment.
The first release won't include a scenery designer. This first release will be mainly focussed on multiplayer matchracing. We will launch our own public session-server, so users can easily create and join sessions without having to configure their router.
After the first release we will continue adding more features and visual effects so a full release can be done some months after that.

hey jeroen may i ask why you chose to model it on one of the 1st generation of VOR70's and not a newer one from this VOR?
when can we expect a playable demo out?
what detailed scenery's will be included?
cheers
rob
yachtie2k4

Previous

Return to Sail Simulator - General