SS5 and MS joystick

SS5 and MS joystick

Postby rdahmes » Thu 25 Dec 2008 - 00:07

Just dl'd and installed SS5 on Windows XP. Can't get joystick to operate controls despite naming MS joystick under settings on splash screen. Any suggestions?

Rob
rdahmes

Re: SS5 and MS joystick

Postby davlogon » Sun 28 Dec 2008 - 01:44

I have got the same problem. I have a Logitech 3D Extreme and Windows Vista 64 bit. The joystick is not working at all with SS5. It´s imposible to assign controls to the joystick´s axis or buttons.

Any idea?

Dav
davlogon

Postby Wouter65 » Sun 28 Dec 2008 - 13:28

We all have the same problem. This version is only a pre-release, so a lot is not working. Why not a manual?

Wouter
Wouter65

Postby Jeroen Schlaman » Sun 28 Dec 2008 - 15:54

Hello,

Thanks for your reports. The office will be fully occupied again Januari 5th. We will take a look at the joystick functionality then and keep you updated.
Greets,
Jeroen Schlaman
Stentec Developer
Jeroen Schlaman
Site Admin

Postby Jeroen Schlaman » Thu 08 Jan 2009 - 17:54

Hello all,

The joystick problem has been found and solved and will be available in the next update. We hope to have an update ready within short time.
Greets,
Jeroen Schlaman
Stentec Developer
Jeroen Schlaman
Site Admin

Postby Marxx » Wed 28 Jan 2009 - 16:32

Jeroen,

Jus to keep track - the version available for download yesterday (27.01.2009) still seems not to work properly with joy - at lease mine. The configuation is Saitek X36 rudder+stick on XP - working normally with X-plane, FlighSim and VSK. I don't have possibility to make any assignement during setup, joy is also ignored (not processed) while sailing. If you need any more configuration details please pass the message.

Best regards,
Marek

p.s. and please .. two more buoys for default scenery .. :)
Marxx

Postby bluenoser613 » Sat 08 May 2010 - 22:25

I'm running Sail Simulator 5.1.7.2 on Windows 7 64-bit with a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick. The key assignement utility does not seem to detect any of the joystick axis. It only lets me assign the joystick's buttons. The joystick is working fine otherwise, as verified with the Win7 configuration utility.

How can I assign the joystick axis for rudder control? :?:
bluenoser613

Postby gizzmo » Sun 28 Oct 2012 - 17:19

Hi,
just bought SS5 and have the same problems with asigning MS Sidewinder unter Win7 despite it works fine according win system control.
Any help available for that problem?
gizzmo

Postby jpb63800 » Tue 05 Aug 2014 - 10:16

Hi,

I can confirm that under Win7, Sail Simulator Version 5.2.2.0, allows you to assign all axes of your joystick.
You have several possible solutions :

1 / With SS 5 launched, you can,for example, assign your rudder on your Joystick :
Settings / Controls / Tiller / Left and right ---> Joy Rz-axis.

2 / If you want to have on your Joystick functions of your mouse (while maintaining the same functions of your mouse).
You can use the utility "ControlMK" , which will allow you for example, to control your mainsheet with your joystick.
Download:
http://www.redcl0ud.com/controlmk/

Best regards,
Jpb63800

=========================================
Bonjour,

Je peux vous confirmer que sous Win7, Sail Simulator Version 5.2.2.0, permet d'assigner tous les axes de votre manette de jeu.
Vous avez plusieurs solutions envisageables :

1 / Avec SS 5 lancé, vous pouvez par exemple, assigner votre gouverne de direction sur votre Joystick :
Paramètres / contrôles / Barre / Gauche et droite ---> Joy Rz-axis .

2 / Si vous désirez avoir sur votre Joystick des fonctions de votre souris (tout en conservant ces mêmes fonctions de votre souris).

Vous pouvez vous servir de l'utilitaire "ControlMK" , qui vous permettra par exemple, de commander votre écoute de grande voile avec votre Joystick.
Téléchargement : http://www.redcl0ud.com/controlmk/
jpb63800

Postby joshua_falken » Sat 24 Jan 2015 - 16:16

I seem to be having the same problem with my MS Wireless XBOX 360 Controller: I cannot assign analog stick axes. I can assign all the buttons and switches, but the Sail Simulator control settings dialog does not recognize me operating any of the analog sticks or analog shoulder buttons. The controller works fine, as confirmed with the Windows settings and other games.

Any solutions for this?

Thanks.
joshua_falken

Return to Sail Simulator 5 - General