Setting and placing Buoys or other objects

Help each other create new and amazing sailing areas.

Setting and placing Buoys or other objects

Postby BillC21 » Mon 02 Oct 2006 - 17:04

I am using latest Scenery design and it works very well. In fact I have been able to download spatial satellite maps with the assistance of Barry and link them to to the Stentec Scenery design program. In scenery design I am having a problem which is as follows. When I set or place a buoy or lighthouse or whatever I cannot release the the object from the triangular guide. I click off the object in question but still I cannot release the buoy lighthouse or whether to remain in position on the map. Any help would be appreciated. My email is wa1hmw@comcast.net Bill Cridland Bolton MA USA
BillC21

Postby Barry » Mon 02 Oct 2006 - 17:37

Hi Bill

Just noticed your post.
It's a bit of a problem that one but there are two ways.
Click add which makes another copy of the last object you placed, click on scenery dedigner window and cursor changes to green (I think) and move it away with the object and press delete which removes the duplcate and save map.
Or click on an item you are placing in the list and the duplicate object changes to what you are placing next.

The other way is to click on an empty bit of space at the VERY bottom of the list of objects that you are placing then I think you click ont the scenery window again and the cursor should move without it.
Be carefull though as never quite sure if the object is still stUck on the cursor. If it is, don't save otherwise you are moving the original.

Maybe there is another way but I have no idea what?

Barry
Barry

Unable to set objects 'Buoys lighthouses etc'

Postby Bill Cridland » Tue 03 Oct 2006 - 01:27

Barry not sure whether this is the directory . Indeed there seems several ways you have suggested that might clear the problem. As written in the example Barry no way can one abchor a buor lighthouse etc in any map situ. Will try them all Barr. Regards Bill C[/url]
Nothing in mind at the moment !
Bill Cridland

Re: Unable to set objects 'Buoys lighthouses etc'

Postby Barry » Tue 03 Oct 2006 - 10:54

duplicate part post deleted.
B
Last edited by Barry on Tue 03 Oct 2006 - 11:12, edited 1 time in total.
Barry

Re: Unable to set objects 'Buoys lighthouses etc'

Postby Barry » Tue 03 Oct 2006 - 11:11

Bill Cridland wrote:Barry not sure whether this is the directory . Indeed there seems several ways you have suggested that might clear the problem. As written in the example Barry no way can one abchor a buor lighthouse etc in any map situ. Will try them all Barr. Regards Bill C[/url]

Hi Bill just to explain in more detail and have opened the Scenery Designer and opened one of my sceneries.
(Add) the Plus sign at the the very bottom of the panel on the right adds the object. After moving into placing and setting the height and rotating into position etc.

In the panel of items you have placed.
Panel name is Objects. You need to click on a blank bit of it below the items placed. If full up click on the extreme bottom below the last item Bit fiddly and may need a few goes. Dotted line appears around the item . Cursor is white. Click on your scene and cursor changes to green and you should be able to move it away with the arrow keys.

Or to add a new item using the previous item.
Click the plus sign with ADD against it at the very botom and this places another copy of the last item you placed if it is still on your cursor. The dupliaTe is now on top of the first one or near it.
Orange square around it, green cursor.
Now go to the very botton panal called Object File (These are all the items you have put into the scenery designer to use). Click it open with the arrow and click on the object you want to use.
The object stuck on your cursor now changes to the one you want.

Just move it to the spot on your scenery you want with the arrow keys. Use the TWO mouse buttone to pan the scene in and out and the right button to rotate view.

Barry
Barry

Return to Scenery Designer Toolkit